The following information informs you about the subscription and distribution procedure and your rights of objection. By subscribing to the newsletter "LIfBi info", you agree to receive it and to the procedures described.
- Double-Opt-In: Subscribing to the newsletter takes place in a double-opt-in procedure. After subscription you will receive an e-mail asking you for confirmation. This confirmation is required to ensure that no one else logs in with a different e-mail address. Only after this confirmation you are registered as a member of the mailing list.
- Distribution: The distribution of the newsletter takes place on the basis of the recipients' consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a, Art. 7 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) via mailing servers of the University of Bamberg.
- Cancellation/Revocation: You can cancel the receipt of the newsletter at any time, i.e. revoke your consent. Please use the corresponding fields on this page and confirm your cancellation in the e-mail you receive (double-opt-out). A link to unsubscribe from the mailing list is included in each newsletter.
- Logging: In order to be able to prove the process according to the legal requirements, the registration for the newsletter including the time of sending the confirmation e-mail by the LIfBi and the time of confirmation are stored. The changes to your stored data are also logged. Logging is based on our legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. We are interested in applying a user-friendly and secure newsletter system that meets the expectations of users and allows us to provide proof of consent.
- Deletion: In the event of unsubscription from the mailing lists, we may store the unsubscribed e-mail addresses (and log information) for up to three years on the basis of our legitimate interests in order to be able to prove a previously given consent. The processing of these data is limited to the purpose of a possible defence against claims. An individual application for deletion is possible at any time, provided that at the same time the former existence of a consent is confirmed. The aforementioned data will be deleted at the latest on expiry of the deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact the LIfBi Public Relations team. General information on data protection for visiting this website can be found here.