Following the progress reports by Prof. Dr. Hans-Günther Roßbach, Director of the LIfBi, and Prof. Dr. Cordula Artelt, outgoing Chairperson of the Annual General Meeting, the Annual General Meeting of the NEPS carried the motion to revise the Rules and Regulations of the Annual General Meeting, the Full Staff Meeting, and the Network Committee of the National Educational Panel Study (NEPS). The meeting agreed on harmonizing the terms of office of the Chairperson and Vice Chairperson of the Annual General Meeting and of membership in the Network Committee to be three years (alteration of §2 (6)). Additionally, the terms of office of NEPS staff representatives were also changed to a 3-year term, and the number of deputies was increased to two people (alteration of § 3(4), (4) a), b), and c) as well as (5)).
Afterwards, the Annual General Meeting elected a new Chairperson and Vice Chairperson of the Annual General Meeting of the NEPS and the members of the NEPS Network Committee.
The newly elected Chairperson and Vice Chairperson of the Annual General Meeting are:
- Chairperson: Prof. Dr. Sandra Buchholz, University of Bamberg
- Vice Chairperson: Prof. Dr. Thorsten Schneider, Leipzig University
Simultaneously, the Chairperson is a member without voting rights on the LIfBi Board of Trustees as well as Chairperson of the NEPS Network Committee.
Furthermore, the following professors from the University of Bamberg were elected onto the Network Committee:
- Prof. Dr. Cordula Artelt
- Prof. Dr. Claus H. Carstensen
- Prof. Dr. Cornelia Kristen
Of the NEPS network partners outside of Bamberg, the following professors were elected onto the Network Committee:
The LIfBi Board of Directors would like to congratulate all elected representatives and is grateful for their willingness to contribute.
- Prof. Dr. Olaf Köller, Leibniz Institute for Science and Mathematics Education (IPN) at Kiel University
- Prof. Dr. Monika Jungbauer-Gans, German Centre for Higher Education Research and Science Studies (DZHW)
- Prof. Dr. Heike Solga, Berlin Social Science Center (WZB)
Following the election, the participants discussed the concept of the NEPS Working Paper Series as well as ideas from among the NEPS Network regarding the further development of National Educational Panel Study.