Project BiLO examines the interplay of regional structures of education providers and individual educational decisions using the example of Upper Franconia. The overall research question of the project is:
What kind of relationship exists between individual educational decisions and the perception of educational offerings with regard to individuals’ embeddedness in social space?
To find answers to this research question, the following subquestions are being investigated in succession:
- What are the education providers that exist in Upper Franconia?
- What structural features characterize these education providers in Upper Franconia?
- How are these providers being used, how large is their catchment area?
- How is social structure linked to the availability of education providers?
- Are regional education providers perceived individually?
- How is the perception of structural opportunities connected to social background?
- How do regional education providers influence individual choices of education?